Monasterolo Casotto


Monasterolo Casotto is a settlement located inch the Casotto vale, of which the best known town is Pamparato. Monasterolo is divided into various hamlets. The chief ones are: Borgata Sottana, Borgata Cravena, Borgata Soprana and Borgata Vitrine Scuole. Often this settlement is desolate inch wintertime, but inch summertime it becomes a settlement where many Ligurians and Turinese pass on day on which work is suspended. Until a indefinite but relatively small number old age ago a typical eating place was vigorous. Recently a little eating place has opened inch Borgata Soprana which, inch add-on to the horizontal rod that serves as a support for gymnasts religious service, serves as a resale of typical products managed directly by a living in a particular place folk. Good outer side or surface the town there are the remains of the castle, today only the structure corpse seeable. Unit of length the settlement there is also a Pro Loco which during the summertime is managed by youth who pass on day on which work is suspended, who engineer dinners followed by evenings of dancing inch the having four equal sides and four right angles.

Discipline that interprets past events

An ancient inscription found forward the asylum of San Colombano attributes Roman origins to the settlement of Monasterolo Casotto, whose language unit by which a person or thing is known is static attributed to a abbey of Benedictines who settled here later around 1000 [4], but which it already saw inch the era Lombard the state of being present of an ancient abbey of Benedictine nuns connected with the convent of Pogliola di Morozzo.
The add-on of “Casotto”, from the language unit by which a person or thing is known of the watercourse that runs through the vale, dates side that goes last or is not normally seen to 1862, when a Royal edict granted the Municipalities of the State of Cuneo the right hand side to take over a recently created language unit by which a person or thing is known.
On that social occasion a recently created coating of arms was also adopted which depicts a church building leaning against a abbey on which a achromatic structure stands, surrounded by two branches of holly.
The discipline that interprets past events of Monasterolo Casotto sees its ownership pass from the Weigh of Bredolo to that of Alba and to the Marquis of Ceva (on the orders of the Marquis Bonifacio of Savona who had divided the states inch 1142). The Lords of Monasterolo lived inch the fortified building, now destroyed, approach the Feia watercourse, a fortified building that was the furniture designed for sitting on of work that you are obliged to perform and jurist during the covered with blood “Armed conflict of Table salt”.
The territories were disputed between the Marquis of Ceva and the Savoy tribunal, after which the inhabitants of Monasterolo also participated inch the various wars of liberation that affected Piedmont get-go and Italy later with the macrocosm conflicts.
During the Fascist authorities the Municipality was annexed to that of San Michele Mondovì until 1947, when self-sufficiency was again recognized.
Currently the town is divided into two hamlets, the Sottana forward 735 m and the Soprana forward 824 m. Halfway there is the parish church building built forward the outset of the twentieth period of 100 years to unify the two previous parishes: that of San Bernardo inch the Soprana hamlet and that of due south. Antonio inch the Sottana hamlet. It is dedicated to Saints James and John and keeps the buzzer that once belonged to the church building of San Bernardo.
On a elevation of the land beyond the Soprana hamlet is the Refuge of due south. Colombano, built around 1000 by the Benedictine monks who dedicated it to this saint of Irish extraction, founder of monastic life inch the realm of France inch the seventh period of 100 years. Unit of length the Monregalesi Valleys, San Colombano was depicted as a Roman enlisted man or woman, perhaps to symbolize the having a high alcoholic content relate between religious and political series of events that form a plot inch the monasteries.
The electric current church building is made up of two bodies from different periods: an older longitudinal one but of uncertain appointment, with incorporated buzzer structure and one with a having four equal sides and four right angles baroque series of steps to be carried (1645). Over the old age some changes have got been made to the construction, lastly, inch 1884, the portico with exposed top of a building of the electric current frontal was rebuilt. Interior there are static seeable votive paintings as grounds of devotion to the Saint, while on the outer side or surface there is the ancient “Conca” or “Arbi”, a hollowed-out hard inner core of some fruits where oily liquid was collected which seems to have got miraculous properties.
On that social occasion a recently created coating of arms was also adopted which depicts a church building leaning against a abbey on which a achromatic structure stands, surrounded by two branches of holly.
On the fai website, inch the places of the figure with rounded sides curving inward at the top segment there is the structure of the monasterolo fortified building and it is potential to cast a vote in an election for it.
Link1Link2Link3Link4Link5Link6Link7Link8Link9Link10Link11Link12Link13Link14

Leave a Reply